Monday, July 15, 2013

#2 was my #1!

Yesterday I did not post bc my roommates and I stayed up late watching a movie, so I didn't have my ritual blog before bed moment.  Yesterday was rather uneventful.  We did start the day off swell with real Crepes! I had a mozzarella/tomato/pesto crepe and a Nutella/banana crepe! Both were superb! Afterwards we traipsed off to the Gold Museum.  The museum was actually quite big...7 levels.  Unfortunately I was super tired so I didn't spend too much time reading all the explanations and history of it all.  I feel once I've seen one gold museum, I've seen them all (I don't mean to be insensitive to the different cultures and tribes...I'm just not into the history stuff!). We still spent a couple hours there, or so it felt, so I went back to the hostel and had a nice long nap! Then of course we got up and went to eat.  At the restaurant, there was a movie playing, Inside Man, so we all had the genius idea to watch it once we returned tour room.  My three roommates all have Netflix so we watched it from there. Chelsea and I snuggled up in one of our beds while we all watched the same movie on all our own devices...a little comical. Anyway, that leads to today. We didn't really have plans today-other than souvenir shopping! However it turned it to be a phenomenal day! Sunday is the day to be outside in Bogota! There we people everywhere! There were people on bikes, roller blades, walking; tons of dogs and kids...the weather was outstanding and we fund some decent artisan items! But he comes the best part of my day...as we were walking along, observing the various activities taking place (juggling acts, ppl singing, costumed creatures , etc..we came across a guinnea pig race! There were 6 pigs lined up and about 14 construction hats (with openings cut out) sitting at the other end.  It took us a minute to realize what was happening but basically you were to place money on the hat you thought the pig would run into.  So, in hopes to just get rid of the last Colombian coin I had, I placed 500pesos (around 25 cents) on hat #2.  Totally thinking I just wanted to see these creatures run...no expectation of winning...BUT I DID!  The first little pig he chose sprinted straight into hat #2! I totally freaked!  Could not believe it!  So, I got my 500 pesos back in addition to an extra 1900 pesos!  Woohoo!  I was on a high for lithe rest of the day!  I can see how people get addicted to gambling! Wow! But I was on cloud nine for most of the day after that!  Once I calmed down and the rest of us finished shopping we headed back home.  Chelsea and I snuggled up for another Netflix movie while the other girls slept.  After our ip movie we both slept for about an hour.  Then it was time to eat again before I hopped in a taxi to start the next leg of my journey! Our hostel hostess pointed out to us that all we did was sleep, get up and eat, come back for rest, then went out again to eat ...every day, same routine.  Oops! Hahaha. But we enjoyed every bit!  I was sad to say goodbye to my travel partners but I'm sure we will meet again! For now, it's time I get focused and learn me some Spanish!  Here it is almost 1 in the morning and I have to start school in the morning...yikes! Better get to bed! Night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment